Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 1/8
A few things on the encampment and its disbanding, on the UCSD campus. (My campus)

Read further & this image will be explained.

(Then I will be going back to what my acct originally was for, art, gardening, and food for a while and a break from politics.)
10:49 PM - May 06, 2024
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 2/8
1. A. Of the 64 arrested, 24 had no connection with the University.
B. The students who were arrested are being suspended. Not because they protested, but for other legitimate reasons. The image, is the actual letter they received.
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 3/8
I'm sorry I couldn't do the full text of the letter in the ALT text. It was too hard even for Adobe to extract it.

Campus Rules to provide receipts for what they broke:

https://adminrecords.ucsd....
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 4/8
The reason for the black box texts on the image is because, last year UCSD charged, (falsely or not that is still up for determination) 60+ grad workers with assaulting the Chancellor and they didn't get suspensions. So they feel they are being politically prosecuted for these charges.
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 5/8
Frankly, (You can disagree with me or not, that's your right.) they are NOT being politically prosecuted. Nothing in their letter even points to that. They did though, break firmly defined campus regulations on how, when, and where, they can assemble.
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 6/8
and exercise their rights to free speech and protest.

2. The Friday night Shabbat Celebration was lovely. I was there for that. It was amazing how people came together.

3. None of our Discord room/study group/GOTV activists were arrested.
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 7/8
4. Our group is for one thing. Voting for Democracy, NOT a single issue. We can work out policy differences at a later date. If we aren't united as the Democratic party, policy issues will mean nothing in the future.
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
thread 8/8
5. As for the Middle East, our particular group of people, has everything from Atheists to Wiccans and everyone in between. We stand behind the NON-COMBATANTs. The innocent Women, children, and men who are just trying to live their lives peacefully in ALL areas.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}