Richard
A
Internet access for all. 27 million dollar grant under Department of Commerce. Thank you Biden/Harris.

https://stthomassource.com/content/2024/05/07/usvi-begins-process-of-identifying-homes-that-lack-int...
08:45 AM - May 07, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
Not enough people realize the role the government plays in their lives. They take so many things for granted. They either assume it appears out of thin air, or think a private corp deserves the credit. It would benefit the public to have notices like "Your tax dollars at work for you!" everywhere.
In response to Richard.
08:53 AM - May 07, 2024
WestCoaster
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Or we could go back to teaching Civics in high school....
09:03 AM - May 07, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to WestCoaster.
Allegedly, we do. Clearly not well enough. But beyond civics, I think it needs to be crystal clear all the ways that the govt (which we pay for) plays a positive role in our lives.
09:09 AM - May 07, 2024
Richard
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Exactly. I think of all the smiles on people's faces here when they realize they're eligible for this.

Students who have never had access will have it now.
09:00 AM - May 07, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Richard.
And I think of the many things that are taken for granted, like having potable water in your home. I've been to Haiti. No potable water. My kid is spending a year in Kuala Lumpur. They have great public transit & sky scrapers, but no potable water. Water is boiled daily just to brush teeth.
09:05 AM - May 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}