Helen
A
thread 1/16
McBrien:

The jurors are seated and Daniels resumes: She had been at the dinner a while, and drank a couple bottles of water, so Trump directed her to the facilities, which were through a bedroom, to a "very large beautiful bathroom."
11:52 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 2/16
She noticed an unmade bed on her way in, and a leather-looking toiletry bag on the counter. She looked inside: she saw Old Spice and Pert Plus, and thought that was "amusing and odd." Gold tweezers, other gold things. She washed up and exited.
11:53 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 3/16
"I wish I had cellphone cameras at the time, because I definitely would've taken a photo of that," Daniels says.

She expected to go back to the table and say it's time to leave, but when she opened the door, Trump had come into the bedroom and onto the bed, wearing boxers.
11:53 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 4/16
"At first I was startled, like a jump scare...I wasn't expecting someone to be there and in not a lot of clothing," she says, and felt the blood leave her hands and her feet, like when you stand up too fast.

"Oh my god, what did I misread to get here?" she remembers thinking.
11:54 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 5/16
She says she laughed nervously, went to step around him posed on the bed and leave, and it all felt like slow motion. He stood up between her and the door but "not in a threatening manner," she clarifies.
11:55 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 6/16
"I thought this is what you wanted, if you ever wanted to get out of that trailer park—"

Daniels starts to say that's what Trump told her to get her to stay, but objection, sustained.

Q: What happened next?

A: I blacked out, though she clarifies that she was not drugged.
11:56 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 7/16
Justice Merchan cuts it off right there, and asks counsel to approach.

Sidebar.
11:56 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 8/16
Q: Did you feel threatened by him?

A: No, not physically, but there was an imbalance of power for sure. He was bigger and blocking the way, but I was not threatened, verbally or physically.
11:57 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 9/16
Hoffinger asks her to describe the sexual encounter "very briefly," Daniels starts to describe the fact that she had her clothes and shoes off and started in "missionary position"—but objection, sustained.
11:58 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 10/16
Q: Did you end up having sex with him on the bed?

A: Yes.

Q: Do you have a recollection feeling something unusual? Objection, sustained.

Q: What do you remember?

A:That I was staring at the ceiling, didn't know how I got there.
11:59 AM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 11/16
Q: Did you touch his skin?

A: Yes Objection, sustained.

Q: Was he wearing a condom?

A: Yes

Q: Was that concerning to you?

A: Yes Q: Did you say anything about it?

A: No, I didn't say anything at all.
12:00 PM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 12/16
Daniels remembers the entire sexual encounter was brief, and it was really hard to get her shoes on because her hands were shaking so badly "Let's get together again honeybunch," SD says Trump told her, and she just wanted to leave, she says

Q: Did you say no at any point?

A: No.
12:01 PM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 13/16
"He didn't give me anything, he didn't offer to pay me, or give me his cell phone number," she says.

Did he ask you to keep this confidential?

No.

Any concern he expressed about his wife?

No.

Did you end up having dinner with him that night?

No.
12:02 PM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 14/16
"I told very few people we actually had sex because I felt ashamed I didn't try to stop it or say no," Daniels says.

There were also details she didn't remember initially, but some of these details came back to her over the years, can she tell us about that?

Objection—overruled
12:03 PM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 15/16
Tyler McBrien: CORRECTION: I was typing too fast—Daniels said Trump was NOT wearing a condom during the encounter, and that that concerned her. My apologies.
12:04 PM - May 07, 2024
Helen
A
thread 16/16
Now they're talking about the next day, example from nbc
12:09 PM - May 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}