RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/5
What is consent for sexual activities? It's pretty simple. Consent is permission, mutual permission to do any sexual activities. When I talk about that, I don't mean just the main act of intercourse, I'm talking about sexting, sharing nudes, and even masturbation and oral sex. That's the thing.
10:13 PM - May 07, 2024
A
thread 2/5
There must be consent that's mutual, and understood. It also must be understood if one person feels uncomfortable...then it stops. If your gut feeling is saying "They don't wanna do it," then trust your gut feeling. The problem: way too many people think that consent if optional. It's not.
A
thread 3/5
In fact, mutual consent is key to do anything. Coercion, blackmail, extortion, and sextortion is not consent. They're felonies. Also if a person feels like they have to do anything sexual so that nothing bad happens to them. That too is not consent. We have heard about this all forever.
A
thread 4/5
It's about time that society readjusts what it means for consent. If both (or multiple) parties are for it, then yes. However, there's a caveat to that. People who can't give consent, just can't give consent. Also remember this...you are in control of your behavior.
A
thread 5/5
Bluntly, don't be a sex pest. Remember that consent is mutual and both/multiples must agree. Also it's okay to stop even during if things aren't right, or you can walk away if you feel your partner isn't into it. Narcissistic and illegal actions doesn't make consent...just a criminal record.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}