My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 1/5
FYI the author of the spout I quoted has explained elsewhere that she intended for this spout to be fact checked, but hasn't yet found a way to explain that.

I'm not deleting my post. 🧵
My Flying Car 2020 @Flying2020
IMO there is nothing empowering to women about accusing any women of pretending or wanting to believe some sexual act was forced.

Most girls, women who are sexually assaulted are not fucking mind readers and some men are not as trustworthy as they seem.

WTF

Not speaking is free.
05:01 PM - May 07, 2024
10:06 PM - May 07, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 2/5
Fact checking is still new here.

I, and others, are not set up to think, "is this a sincere post?" when they read something. We all would do well to keep that in mind, particularly when we are discussing topics which, for many, induce trauma response.
10:09 PM - May 07, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 3/5
A number of posts that are deliberately false are obvious tests of the fact check system. Others include a flag, such as a splashtag reading, FactCheckMePlease.

This has been helpful to readers like me, who take spouts at face value as a default. It has otherwise felt like April Fools Day lately.
10:11 PM - May 07, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 4/5
Related to this I have a well-meaning warning for all:

This is the last time I will be inclined to give someone the benefit of the doubt that they deliberately posted some incendiary mess meaning to get fact checked.

Mean what you say. Say what you mean. Flag your intent appropriately.
10:15 PM - May 07, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 5/5
I promise if someone posts some racist, misogynistic, misogynoir, ableist, homophobic, classist, inhumane or otherwise inappropriate content,

And then doubles back talking about, "I was trying to get fact checked" after they get chin checked,

Don't look over here for solidarity.
10:19 PM - May 07, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}