Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
I long for retirement as a generalized "idea" far more often than is healthy.

Today, I caught myself thinking *specifically* about the day after I retire. Just a day without the paid gig shaping things. Nothing special - and that was what was SO remarkable about a fleeting little thought.
10:45 PM - May 07, 2024 (Edited)
Madrigal Rose
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
Yep. Every damn day 😒
10:48 PM - May 07, 2024
A
In response to Madrigal Rose.
I *neeever* thought about it until just a year or two ago, and now I think about it far too much. It's a layered and difficult fantasy. Ugh.
10:51 PM - May 07, 2024
Madrigal Rose
A
Only solution I can think of is lots of mini retirement moments. For real. Sounds silly but if it's self care, a weekend away, whatever it takes to make the time slow down. I just want to survive and make it to retirement in one piece.
10:58 PM - May 07, 2024
A
In response to Madrigal Rose.
I think this is the truth that's been making itself apparent to me for a while. And makes it possible to manage more productivity and feel good about it.

The recent vacation was wonderful. Some time with my mom. Planning to flex this week so I can help her sort things for a neighborhood yard sale.
11:00 PM - May 07, 2024
Madrigal Rose
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
Some say visualizing your goals is important for making them happen. Wishing like hell I'd started a whole lot sooner. 😆🤦
11:10 PM - May 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}