Puckarama
A
@Shell56
Checking in, Ms. Shell - How you feeling?
11:40 AM - May 07, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Puckarama.
Not so great, Puck. I'm lying here listening to Isaac Hayes, & waiting for the husband to bring me in some House Special Chinese soup. 😥
Thank you for caring. 🤗
05:30 PM - May 07, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
Hot-N-Sour soup is my jam, or any Afro-Caribbean soup with a dash of Pikliz (Haitian hot sauce),
or scotch bonnet pepper.

Hugs from Taco Cat 💚
12:05 AM - May 08, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
Um... Thank you for the suggestion, Joe... but no please. You're trying to burn my autoimmune system out, lol! 😅 I can't handle hot peppery food anymore. 🙅🏽‍♀ Thank you for Taco Cat's hugs tho! 😆
01:04 AM - May 08, 2024 (Edited)
Joe JustUs
A
Sorry I can’t handle them either,
except for the Chinese Hot-N-Sour soup, which I usually ask them to make it mild and extra sour.

Getting old sucks sometimes.

Hopefully science & technology will resolve this in my lifetime.

My only safe bet is homemade soup with actual chicken with bones.
01:34 AM - May 08, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Yeah... the digestive system has gone from the cast iron of my pre-40yrs, to tupperware, of these pushing-70yrs, lmbo. The husband makes a Really good chicken soup with coconut milk. Tasty & mild for this geriatric tummy. 🥴
02:20 AM - May 08, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
I would never have guessed your age.

Keep doing what you’re doing it’s working!

My stomach tapped out in 2017 after I put one drop of my favorite hot sauce, and got heartburn 2nd only to Absinthe.

100% real Absinthe. Spice was one of my nicknames. Now it just applies to my fiery temper. 😂🥲
02:27 AM - May 08, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Thank you. I was 68yo in February, which is when I took my profile pic. Even as debilitated as I am, it doesn't show on my face... it's a blessing & a curse. 911 Paramedics & ER staff often don't believe I'm sick. 🤦🏽‍♀
02:32 AM - May 08, 2024 (Edited)
Joe JustUs
A
Yes there’s a definite bias towards Black women in medicine.

My lady experienced it today.

We constantly have to advocate for ourselves as Black people and be proactive when it comes to our healthcare.

I miss the EU system.
02:38 AM - May 08, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
During my worst & traumatizing medical situations, including full-body paralysis from the neck down 33yrs ago, I've been treated in such humiliating & demeaning ways, that I've informed my family, should things go South at Any time, I'd rather die at home, than be hospitalized again. /1
02:45 AM - May 08, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
On the rare occasion that I've had a really kind & empathetic dr or surgeon, who treated me like a worthy member of the human race, I've been known to ask them if I could take them around with me in my handbag, so that they'd be available for when I need them again. My asking is always cause for /2
02:50 AM - May 08, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Much hilarity, & repeating my question to the staff. The good ones just don't know. Smh 🤦🏽‍♀ /3
02:51 AM - May 08, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
I’m so sorry you have had so many awful experiences.

You are a living monument of strength 💯💚

And you still have a great sense of humor 😉
02:49 AM - May 08, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Thank you, Joe. My faith is strong, & makes me believe that there's a reason for my troubles. Eventually when I cross over, maybe I'll find out? The saying goes, "Tough times don't last... Tough people do." Well, Lord... I'm tired. Tired of being tough. 🤷🏽‍♀🫤
03:00 AM - May 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}