Blackity Black
A
So the latest in the Drake and Kendrick Lamar beef needs to be dissected by someone who understands the history of this culture and both Drake and Kendrick’s influence within it. Stay with me::
10:59 PM - May 08, 2024
Blackity Black
A
In response to Blackity Black.
In ‘not like us,’ Kendrick Lamar told that man that you have built a platform cosplaying black culture as a mixed man from Toronto raised by Jewish woman. No problem.
11:00 PM - May 08, 2024
Blackity Black
A
But outside of you, nobody knows what Toronto rap sounds like. Nobody has a Canadian favorite rapper. If I turn on 2 Chainz or future or Gucci Mane, you can hear Atlanta in their music. If I turn on Nipsey Hussle or Kendrick Lamar, you can hear the West Coast in their music.
11:01 PM - May 08, 2024
Blackity Black
A
He rightly accused Drake of cosplaying Houston rappers. Cosplaying Atlanta rappers. Cosplaying Caribbean influenced music. Cosplaying Memphis music. But never taking it back to his own. Because his own don’t have the influence that black American culture has in the hip-hop sphere.
11:02 PM - May 08, 2024 (Edited)
Blackity Black
A
And so people became aware that HoustAtlantaVegas was chopped and screwed by Texans. Controlla and Work featuring Rihanna was cosplaying Caribbean finishes. They recalled that his work in Atlanta with Lil Baby & Future and other artist was cosplaying their culture.
11:04 PM - May 08, 2024
Blackity Black
A
And then Kendrick told Drake don’t you dare go back to any of these places where you have previously denounced whatever Canadian rap culture is in favor of these black peoples culture to respond to this diss track because YOU’RE NOT LIKE US!
11:05 PM - May 08, 2024
Blackity Black
A
And so while you may not like rap beef, You may not be familiar with the newest artist and hip-hop, you cannot deny that Kendrick bodied that man when he reminded everybody that nobody is exporting Canadian rap. So for a Canadian man to become the face of hip-hop in America is wild.
11:07 PM - May 08, 2024
Blackity Black
A
Because to come from so far away and think that you have the right to stand head to head, toe to toe with the only Pulitzer Prize winning hip-hop artist in the history of both hip-hop and the Pulitzer surprise is disrespectful and telling.
11:10 PM - May 08, 2024 (Edited)
Joe JustUs
A
Real artists just want to express themselves, not be the best, because real art isn’t about competition in my opinion.
11:14 PM - May 08, 2024
Blackity Black
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
Uh ok….
11:15 PM - May 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}