Drea
A
Q4: What is the easiest plant you have ever grown? #SpoutAbout #Growing #Gardens
09:50 PM - May 08, 2024
John S
A
In response to Drea.
Pineapple - here in Florida you just cut the top off of a a grocery store pineapple. Then stick it in the ground and ignore it for 2 years and then you’ll have another delicious pineapple.
11:17 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
In response to John S.
Geez - I wonder if I could do that indoors...

Too cold/too short a growing season.
11:24 PM - May 08, 2024
John S
A
In response to Drea.
Possibly, but it takes 2 years in an ideal environment. And see those spikey leaves below the fruit? Those grow out of the old pineapple top, and the plant has a diameter of about 3 ft, and the leaves have little saw tooth edges. Probably not something you’d want inside the house.
11:35 PM - May 08, 2024
Drea
A
You would be surprised at what I’ve tried to grow in the house. Another experiment never hurts.
In response to John S.
11:39 PM - May 08, 2024
Mark Ham
A
In response to Drea.
My sister has a small pineapple growing in her living room that looks like John S’s! I was always told that growing the top of a pineapple wouldn’t produce fruit so I never tried it. But I do have a avocado and several citrus trees inside the house.
01:49 AM - May 09, 2024
John S
A
In response to Drea.
If you decide to try it, they thrive on bright light and neglect. In my yard the ones that do best are in full sun for half the day.
11:45 PM - May 08, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}