Helen
A
thread 1/9
Tyler McBrien: Necheles asks Daniels about her extensive experience in the adult film industry—

Q: You have a lot of experience in making phony stories about sex appear to be real right?

A: Wow. The sex in the films is very much real, just like what happened to me in that room.
10:42 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 2/9
Q: You bragged about being good at writing dialogue and sex scenes in adult films, right?

"If that story [with Trump] was untrue, I would have written it to be a lot better," Daniels quips, delivering it like a punchline.
10:42 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 3/9
We're back to the hotel suite—the black-and-white tile of the floor—and Necheles asks whether that was part of her prep, that she was coached to include details.

A: There's nothing wrong with preparing a witness.
Q: That wasn't my question.
10:44 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 4/9
Necheles continues to search for chinks in Daniels' armor, the inconsistencies between small details in her testimony and her book, saying that she was coached to "match" the details.

I don't need to match details to my book, because that's the story, Daniels says.
10:44 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 5/9
Necheles seizes on more inconsistencies: isn't this is a totally different story from the one you told in 2011?

I believe this is about the InTouch magazine phone interview.

This has been a constant strategy in the cross—pinpoint each time Daniels' story changed, and exploit it.
10:46 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 6/9
"Please allow the witness to answer," Merchan cuts in, as Necheles peppers Daniels with question after question, each picking a different nit in her seemingly conflicting stories.
10:47 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 7/9
Now to another inconsistency: dinner vs no dinner.

Necheles reads Daniels' statement on Kimmel, in which she said "I'm very food motivated," and Daniels just giggles to herself and her food-driven actions.

But Necheles says that Daniels said she had eaten at the hotel in 2011.
10:55 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 8/9
Apparently in 2011, Daniels had said "during dinner" which she now says meant "during dinner time," though much to her chagrin, dinner was never served.
10:55 AM - May 09, 2024
Helen
A
thread 9/9
Trump's lawyer notes that Daniels didn't speak about her reluctance to go to the dinner in this interview.

Daniels: "This is an entertainment magazine," she says, noting that it's "light" and "frivolous."

Later: "It's an abbreviated, entertaining version of the event."
10:59 AM - May 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}