Anton Brakhage
A
The answer is that it has validated their hate. It's told them it's okay to be a bigot, and to use violence. It's protected their easy access to guns. And for the men, it has made it far harder for women in their lives to exercise autonomy.

Those are evil things- but they're what Republicans want.
Jerry Amari @jjflattop
Ask your Republican friends: What has the GOP done for you in the past few years? Really... Ask them. Personally, I'd like to know, because I haven't seen anything good that they've done... at all.
06:31 PM - May 09, 2024
07:52 PM - May 09, 2024
frog_enabler
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
People beguiled by fascism did not get there through logic, and it will not get them out. The ugliness of their "beautiful" fantasy has to become real for them, they have to experience it. I wonder what the oil execs thought of DFG's offer of the global environment for a billion dollars?
08:18 PM - May 09, 2024
frog_enabler
A
Yes. It has painted this in images and fairy tales, bringing them together with a joined point of view, a story in which they are the victors. It has given them an identity to share, a shared enemy, a feeling of purpose and of being the hero of their cause. They believe they embody a natural law.
07:58 PM - May 09, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
Absolutely correct! They crave validation for their hatred & they're getting it in spades.
07:56 PM - May 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}