Josol
A
Serious question. How do you take away the car/driving from senior parents (89) when they are adamantly unwilling to stop. I understand they want their independence but there are major safety issues here. They are wanting to buy out the lease and keep the car. Anyone here had success with this?
07:45 AM - May 10, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Josol.
It’s really hard, but one thing that might help is working on some kind of plan that would help them maintain some kind of independence and mobility. Alternative transportation of some kind? Maybe gifting them ride share sometimes?
07:58 AM - May 10, 2024
Josol
A
In response to Geannie Bastian.
We found them a woman who would drive them several times a week anywhere they want to go-so they wouldn’t have to use Uber. We said we would also drive. They also are in an assisted living home that has transportation several times a week to grocery/Walmart etc.. They insist on driving themselves!
08:02 AM - May 10, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Josol.
Yeah, it’s very hard. Especially when they don’t want to feel like an imposition.
09:01 AM - May 10, 2024
Josol
A
In response to Geannie Bastian.
It is not the imposition-they want their independence. We have offered them numerous solutions to get where they need to go. We do work all day but we & my SIL have offered to drive them wherever. We found them a car service-not uber. The facility has a van to take them .They won’t budge.
09:41 AM - May 10, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
Yeah, I get it. I was raised by a grandmother and had two great grandmothers around so saw it a couple of times.
In response to Josol.
09:55 AM - May 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}