Socio-gen
A
I am on the fence about AI in many ways (mostly its potential for misuse), but I think its use here on Spoutible has been great. Thread summaries are so helpful to deciding if I want to read/engage, and accuracy alerts are fantastic for determining the credibility of spouts containing mis/disinfo.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
And yet you see Accuracy Alerts working extremely well, and it will only get better from here. Humans can't fact-check thousands of posts a minute in real-time. So by the time the claim is fact-checked by a human, it will already be seen by thousands. 🤷🏾‍♂️
09:09 AM - May 11, 2024
10:01 AM - May 11, 2024
ML Hart
A
In response to Socio-gen.
Sure, I see AI working well for Accuracy Alerts... also for customer-service bots on several sites I've been on.

I *completely* reject AI for any kind of creative work - but of course I would say that, as a writer, photographer, painter, multi-media artist.
10:36 AM - May 11, 2024
Socio-gen
A
Absolutely agree with you on the replacement of creatives by AI. I can see areas where it can open a new door to creativity (I have an AI avatar that I adore), but AI cannot imagine on its own. Everything produced by AI is limited by its need for human input and simultaneous lack of human emotion.
In response to ML Hart.
10:44 AM - May 11, 2024 (Edited)
ML Hart
A
In response to Socio-gen.
Nice to know someone else gets it!
I enjoy working hard to find the balance, the shadows & light, the *story* in what I make.
Takes me longer than it does a robot, but I'm just not interested in something bland, safe, homogenous, or easily categorized.
Call me crazy or old-fashioned, I don't care.
04:58 PM - May 11, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to ML Hart.
Not crazy or old-fashioned! I write (not novels or anything) and I love finding just the right word, the right phrase, the right cadence. The way the words and sentences and paras come together, the sound when you read them aloud that takes dry academic writing and makes it into a narrative.
07:25 PM - May 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}