Socio-gen
A
I am on the fence about AI in many ways (mostly its potential for misuse), but I think its use here on Spoutible has been great. Thread summaries are so helpful to deciding if I want to read/engage, and accuracy alerts are fantastic for determining the credibility of spouts containing mis/disinfo.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
And yet you see Accuracy Alerts working extremely well, and it will only get better from here. Humans can't fact-check thousands of posts a minute in real-time. So by the time the claim is fact-checked by a human, it will already be seen by thousands. 🤷🏾‍♂️
09:09 AM - May 11, 2024
10:01 AM - May 11, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Socio-gen.
Treat AI like you would any other tool: it all depends on the individual. Given how we've seen the scum of the earth misuse other tech (looking at you, Dorsey and Muskrat), are we THAT shocked awful people are doing the same with AI?
11:33 AM - May 11, 2024
Socio-gen
A
Exactly right. AI is a tool, but only as good as those who program/operate it. Evil people will use tools for evil ends, good people will use them to good ends. But that (to me) also means regulating those tools to limit potential harm.
In response to Ground Control.
12:24 PM - May 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}