Salma Typhii
A
You guys have heard my opinion of #Medicare4All and why a catchy slogan is often a terrible idea, especially when dealing with institutions like Medicare that evidence #StructuralRacism
Karen Springer @Springer
Never forget the first debate I got in, over the word "progressive" vs. "liberal", in 2015. It was clear that in order to get progress, we needed Hillary, not Bernie. I could not understand why a "progressive" wasn't interested in progress. "Bern it down" was a catchier slogan, I guess. So they did.
01:24 PM - May 11, 2024
01:29 PM - May 11, 2024
Socio-gen
A
Medicare For All is a catchy slogan for people who have never had to deal with Medicare and figure out what Parts A-D are and which one(s) you need and what's in network, out of network, Medicare Advantage and all the other bullshit.

My mom and I have 5 degrees between us and it was a nightmare.
In response to Salma Typhii.
01:46 PM - May 11, 2024
Maija Briedis
A
In response to Socio-gen.
I spent a year researching all my healthcare/medicare options before I chose. It is complicated BECAUSE it's not run and set up just by the government. Medicare Advantage, Part D, etc. is all because of private profit motives. Medicare for all is a part of the solution.
01:51 PM - May 11, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to Maija Briedis.
Honestly, Medicaid for all would be the better solution. Rather than have to rewrite and change/eliminate all the Parts, Advantage, etc, Medicaid can simply be expanded, mostly as is, to cover everyone.
07:34 PM - May 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}