Ground Control
A
thread 1/9
Apologies in advance for getting personal this morning. But something has been bugging me that I've decided to go public with. I don't expect anyone to agree or even understand what I'm about to say. I just need to say it...so here goes.
09:53 AM - May 11, 2024
Ground Control
A
thread 2/9
In recent years, I have often been accused of being "complacent" for not freaking out every time the Broken Orange Man or his cult proposes something horrible (which is pretty much ALL the time).

It's not that I don't care. It's that I don't have the bandwidth for it anymore.
Ground Control
A
thread 3/9
Pretty sure I hit this point about 2019 or so. Before that, I was doomscrolling and being terrified every time I did. Got so bad, I designated Sundays as news-free days. Then I got to thinking about what I was doing and why. That's when it stopped making sense.
Ground Control
A
thread 4/9
First, I already KNEW these were horrible people and what goals they had. Living 40 years in East TN educated me on that subject way ahead of the general public. So what was the goddamn point of saying how "horrible" or "terrifying" it was when I'd been living with it for years?
Ground Control
A
thread 5/9
Second, there was an underlying assumption that the goals were a fait accompli JUST because MAGA was talking it so openly. That thought only helped them, never us. At best, it gave them joy at upsetting us (more on that later). At worst, it discouraged us from fighting back.
Ground Control
A
thread 6/9
Third, the MSM started feeding into this ugly mindset by putting as much clickbait and ragebait as they could. Agree or not, so long as you were reading, they were making their profit margins.

There's a word for that kind of business: pushers.
Ground Control
A
thread 7/9
Fourth, despite the opposition's best efforts, they have failed to truly break us. The electoral defeats keep mounting and their few victories are Pyrrhic ones...and they KNOW IT.

So all they have left is scaring us or pissing us off by telling us what they'd like to do to us.
Ground Control
A
thread 8/9
When I put all that together, that's when I made a decision. I will fight them still...but with a clear head and clear eyes. True vigilance requires both. It also means acknowledging when the enemy is losing.
Ground Control
A
thread 9/9
We have MAGA on the back foot right now. A 21st Century version of these people WILL come to pass...nothing can stop that. That said, we've never been in a better position to stop the Broken Orange Man's party.

So let's all do our part without feeding the worst of the worst our fears.
Pam I
A
Thank you for sharing. I am in a similar situation & watching less news of tfg to lessen my anxiety/worry. Simple solution we all must vote.
In response to Ground Control.
08:51 PM - May 11, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Pam I.
And encourage all others to do the same.
10:02 PM - May 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}