Birdsayma
A
Why would a Jew join these white supremists in trying to put a racist back in power. Am I reading this right?

In a new arrest on Thursday, a former top editor of an Orthodox Jewish newspaper in New York was arrested on charges that he interfered with officers trying to protect the Capitol.
12:46 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Merci Merci Me
A
In response to Birdsayma.
Republicans frequently act against their own interests
12:48 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Birdsayma
A
In response to Merci Merci Me.
So it seems - including the R women.
I read it a few times and googled Elliot Resnick to see what I was reading didn't make sense.
12:51 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
He sees himself as a white religious conservative and shares the racist views of those with whom he's aligned himself. He doesn't see himself as a target of discrimination or racism. Boy, won't he be surprised at the anti-semitism of many white supremacists? smh
01:01 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Birdsayma
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Yep. Madness.
So many fighting the rising white supremacy and he does this.
01:04 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
It's amazing to me how certain groups of people seem completely unaware of how they're viewed by those they support. I don't know if it's in-group mentality, or just lying to themselves.
01:10 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Birdsayma
A
I was reading about Cubans in Florida supporting DeSantis. smh
01:13 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
That's a little easier to understand. Cuban immigrants are informed by their experiences with communism in Cuba & Republicans have capitalized on that by painting Dems as communists.
Also, they and other Hispanic & Latin groups often underestimate how euro-americans view them as non-white.
01:24 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Birdsayma
A
True.
Not the best comparison.
01:31 AM - Mar 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}