John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
thread 1/3
Florida peeps, I have been living in SW Florida since December 1, 2023. My time is spent caring for my unappreciative parents and my work. I have met zero people in nearly 6 months. My social life consists of going out with my parents and sister and their friends. The conversation ALWAYS turns
03:04 PM - May 13, 2024
A
thread 2/3
to politics and it's extremely uncomfortable for me. I don't want to be friends with these people because I have nothing in common with them. I want my own friends.

This brings me to the point...if you live in SW Florida, LET'S MEET!! What are we waiting for?! I know it may be weird meeting
A
thread 3/3
strangers from a social media platform, but life is too short and I really do need to get a life outside of my asshole family.

We've been chatting for a year so what are we waiting for???
Dıanna
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
I'm all the way cross the alley... but it's an, er, adjustment here. When we came in the 90s from the midwest, we were told that it can take up to 2 years to acclimate to the weird unfriendliness. And THAT was in the beforetimes.
I feel your pain & isolation.
I'd be happy to chat 🙂
09:02 AM - May 14, 2024
Trudi Miller
A
I’m way too far 😢
10:23 PM - May 13, 2024
Dinah Shore
A
I wish you well in your search for friends. We moved 6 years ago to be closer to family and it has been very hard to make true friends. More difficult now in this current political climate where there is no polite discourse.
04:56 PM - May 13, 2024
sr gillespie
A
Join a few clubs with your interests, including the Women's Democratic club in your area.
04:45 PM - May 13, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
C'mon SW Florida Spoutans, there are others like you looking for like minded friends.

Please share!

[GIF: chick looking both ways]
04:14 PM - May 13, 2024
Liz
A
Anybody out there who can help ?
03:08 PM - May 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}