JustAnotherGail
A
I'm feeling a little dumb, but can someone explain the difference between a share and an echo/quote echo? Thank you.

Oh wait, I think I've got it. The word "shared" in notifications threw me, but I guess this means echo?
07:56 AM - Mar 17, 2023 (Edited)
Random Thoughts
A
In response to JustAnotherGail.
Share & echo are 2 different things. Echo is the same as a retweet on Twitter. It just puts the spout on your timeline for your followers to see. Share is to send the spout to people outside this website. For example u can share a spout & post it to your Facebook or Share it with someone via email.
12:53 PM - Mar 17, 2023
JustAnotherGail
A
In response to Random Thoughts.
Thank you. I was confused because I was seeing “——— SHARED your Spout.” I guess that means they Echoed my Spout. Is that right?
12:59 PM - Mar 17, 2023
JustAnotherGail
A
Can I just say that when @cbouzy interacts with one of my spouts I really feel seen (and a wee bit famous for a second). 👀 😁
08:07 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Susan Brosche
A
As I under stand it, an ‘echo’ goes out to the mainstream where it’s available to all, like a ‘share’. An echo/quote is a quote of your spout. I think. 🐳🐞🍀
08:01 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Ell Pace
B
I don’t know
08:00 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Aamir Hussain
A
A share is to share the spout outside of spoutible. An echo is a retweet and just shows a spout to your followers . A quote echo allows you to add some commentary and then show to your followers.
08:00 AM - Mar 17, 2023
JustAnotherGail
A
In response to Aamir Hussain.
Thank you. When I saw "shared" in my notifications I thought it was something different from "echoed."
08:01 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Steve Herzfeld
A
Synonymous:
Spout, tweet, & post.
Echo, retweet, & repost.
Making Waves & trending.
"Share" is option on many apps and platforms. It creates a Link that can be posted or it opens a window that will let you tweet or post on other apps.
07:59 AM - Mar 17, 2023 (Edited)
CentralNJ4Eva
A
I *think* an "echo" is basically just a share -- like, it pops up on your timeline. The "quote" allows you to comment on the post, and both your comment and the post you share pop up on your timeline.
07:59 AM - Mar 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}