Darcy
A
How can Republicans, who screeched like banshees that inflation was a huuuge problem, crushing middle class, not understand that it now costs MORE to run schools? Schools exist in the economy. Republicans refuse to evaluate *anything* based on actual reality. Fund the damn schools! #Politics #GOP
03:23 PM - May 14, 2024
Max Prophet
A
In response to Darcy.
They don't care. They know if they can roll things back to 1910. They can get kids working in factories to undercut the price of adult labor. Every economist that said inflation was happening because of higher wages Fucking lied! It happened b/c Pioneer oil engaged in price fixing with Saudi Arabia
03:33 PM - May 14, 2024
Darcy
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Totally. Republican politicians absolutely do not care. But the even Republican parents get pissed when the gov't short changes their kids. They just need to vote like they're pissed. I can tell you, parents of every political stripe in my district are upset, and they should be.
03:40 PM - May 14, 2024 (Edited)
Max Prophet
A
In response to Darcy.
My problem with the Democratic party is they are eagerly giving away the rights on the Bill of Rights in the Constitution. The First Amendment, TikTok ban, And the Fourth Amendment due process, wantless search Of Americans -FISA 702. And then doing things that Trump was doing.
03:45 PM - May 14, 2024
Darcy
A
I don't like everything Democrats do either, and I hate first past the post voting. We are very limited.
04:03 PM - May 14, 2024
Max Prophet
A
In response to Darcy.
The Democratic party as much as a Republican party wants to keep that in place so they can maintain power. Both parties would be out of power in a minute if it were ranked choice voting
05:14 PM - May 14, 2024
Darcy
A
Any big structural changes is so tough to achieve. I think we might get more ranked choice at the state level, slowly. At the national level it would be a mixed bag of those wanting it and those balking. For sure, traditional power structures do NOT like to be rebalanced.
06:53 PM - May 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}