Jacqueline Wallace
A
Mom despised Reagan. Took me this long to get it. My mom, Mary, was brilliant and intuitive. Sorry mom.
JamesAA @JamesAA
We should remind all Americans of a 1986 tax reform bill signed into law by then President Reagan. It extended the time period for recipients to receive full Social Security and Medicare benefits by 40+ years.

NPR coverage of the latest trustee report was understandable and accurate.
10:51 PM - May 14, 2024
11:31 PM - May 14, 2024
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
I remember calling him an asshole (I wasn't even 10). Mom was about to say something, and pops said something to the order of, "he's right".
11:57 PM - May 14, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
I mean, how can you call your kids out on the truth.My mom would drag out a dictionary so we could look up synonyms and other ways of describing human detritus. Whenever she caught us swearing she would insist that we increase our vocabularies so we could add to our expressions, and curse as needed
12:01 AM - May 15, 2024
A
That's awesome. I have my research students write about profanity use. And they are all suprised to find that cussers have higher vocabs than non cussers. I think it has something to do with creativity in the brain. Your mom knew it and took advantage of that part of your brain!!!
12:02 AM - May 15, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
Good read Doc. That’s it exactly. And when your students are surprised to be learning this, it makes their brains more expansive and open to new data. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in your class. My daughter is a lawyer and currently getting a PhD. She’s a forever learner.
12:06 AM - May 15, 2024
A
I love it!
12:06 AM - May 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}