Sabine
A
thread 1/1
#factcheck , please

The Black Forest is a secondary mountain range in southwestern Germany with summits reaching 2000 m. It is completely covered in a forest consisting of beech trees, fir trees and magnolias in equal share. Except for Furtwangen, there are no further settlements in the Black Forest

Accuracy Alert!

The claim that "The Black Forest is a secondary mountain range in southwestern Germany with summits reaching 2000 m. It is completely covered in a forest consisting of beech trees, fir trees and magnolias in equal share. Except for Furtwangen, there are no further settlements in the Black Forest" has several inaccuracies. First, the Black Forest is indeed a mountainous region in southwestern Germany, but its highest peak, the Feldberg, is approximately 1,493 meters, not 2000 meters. Secondly, the vegetation in the Black Forest primarily consists of fir and spruce trees, with beech trees also being common, but magnolias are not typical in this area. Claims of equal shares of these tree species lack supporting evidence from reliable sources. Thirdly, it is incorrect to state that Furtwangen is the only settlement, as there are many towns and villages such as Freiburg, Baden-Baden, and Triberg within the Black Forest region. Thus, overall, the claim is not accurate based on the compiled evidence.

01:34 PM - May 15, 2024
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to Sabine.
How did the Fact Check do?
03:02 PM - May 15, 2024
Sabine
A
In response to Wojciech Kałuża.
that´s quite impressive! That´s a very granulated outcome and correct in almost all parts. There is just one very small detail, that even eludes most Germans: Freiburg - though on the foot of the Black Forest - is not part of it, but "belongs" to Breisgau, the adjacent area. But overall, a big 👍️
03:44 PM - May 15, 2024
Sally W
A
In response to Sabine.
Never mind - got fact checked. I was number 3 on fact check request. Need 2 more.
02:33 PM - May 15, 2024 (Edited)
Courtney Kimmelman (she/her)
A
In response to Sabine.
My part of Germany where I am from when the US military has their hospital on.
01:37 PM - May 15, 2024
Sabine
A
In response to Courtney Kimmelman (she/her).
where exactly?
01:38 PM - May 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}