Barbara Edelman
A
thread 1/4
last week, or maybe the week before, a birding spoutsie advised me that catbirds are as evil (my words, not the spoutsie birder’s) as cowbirds. cowbirds destroy eggs in a random nest & lay its eggs & then head out for a spa weekend from which they never return. random nest mother bird comes back
06:51 PM - May 15, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 2/4
from doing all the things random mother birds are supposed to do & SITS ON & HATCHES & MOTHERS THE FUCKING BABY COWBIRDS! they’re creepy, too. their beaks are too small for their faces & their eyes seem close together. and now that the bird i love the most-the sleek rich grey feathers, the bright
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 3/4
black eyes like glass pinheads, an endearing head cock, and a song that’s a delight to hear. but they’re terrible birds! they survive by taking advantage of othersu. so i was a sad birder. i didn’t notice any catbird songs since then. until tonight. very early evening-maybe even very late afternoon
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 4/4
i heard the catbird. i assume catbirds are territorial & that there’s always only 1 catbird around through an entire nesting season, so that’s MY catbird, kind of. can i really ignore the singing? that’s MY bird. still hate cowbirds.
MatthewOfHarold
A
Not all birds are equal. 99% of them are great, but they can't all be winners.
Spotted Owls Suck | Dan Cummins Comedy - YouTube

Be a Barred Owl! Much respect, Sky Vikings, much respect. Whoooooo!!!🫡 💪🏼 🦉#owl #comedy #comedian #standupcomedy #dancumminsWatch the entire special: h...

In response to Barbara Edelman.
07:30 PM - May 15, 2024 (Edited)
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to MatthewOfHarold.
species extinction. lol, i guess.
08:43 PM - May 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}