Dolores Dace
A
thread 1/13
OK, in my 66 years of life, last week was THE WORST week (excepting deaths of loved ones) of my life--horrible (lost my job), unlucky, unfair, and a little bit crazy.
You be the judge:
Tuesday: 4:30 am tornado sirens, basement for 45 min., then overslept. On way to work, get pulled over by 👮‍♂️.
09:56 PM - May 12, 2024
Dolores Dace
A
thread 2/13
He then informs me that not only am I getting a ticket, he could arrest me for outstanding warrants, but won't because, well old white woman privilege. I get to work 15 min. late, at lunch research what I owe, and after work get $400 cash and go to pay these old tickets. On the way, I hit a pothole,
Dolores Dace
A
thread 3/13
and my car of 3 months, which already had a blowout the first week I had it, has yet another blowout on a run-flat tire (never buy these! Expensive and useless). I scream and cry at the universe by the side of the road by the airport whilst waiting for the tow truck. Tire place is closed. Call in
Dolores Dace
A
thread 4/13
to work explaining the sit, Wed. pay $850 for 4 new tires, go to work half day. Then pay $950 for taxes keeping me fm registering the car plates wch was the reason 👮‍♀️ pulled me over. So my boss knows all the above happened.
Thursday, on time, busy day at work. End of day I gather my things, and
Dolores Dace
A
thread 5/13
boss comes to my desk. She says in an open office with others nearby, "I have a mtg in 5 min., but I need to let you know that we'll be letting you go at the end of June." 😳
Backstory: in January she called me in, detailed problems and why they would not renew my contract in July. Problems they
Dolores Dace
A
thread 6/13
never mentioned before--like wanting me to get to work 10 min before clock in so she can talk to me if need be. I mention I wdve been glad (small lie) to do all these things if I'd known, and perhaps we could let me hv a chance to improve and revisit. They agreed, in Feb. said doing fantastic, we
Dolores Dace
A
thread 7/13
will give you a contract, in April I signed contract, kept doing all the things.
Two wks later, I'm out of a contract again. Unprofessional, cruel (she cd not wait after my 2 days from hell?), unChristian (parochial sch), and inexplicable bcs she gave no reasons for the change. It gets worse.
Frida
Dolores Dace
A
thread 8/13
Friday: I'm alone in bldg as everyone else at field day. I do my job alone, crying some. I gather evidence and documentation in case boss sandbagged me to big boss after I'm done. I figure I'll ask to meet with him Tuesday. Surprise, I see him on security camera, coming in with his key. He comes in,
Dolores Dace
A
thread 9/13
and whole monologue is in calm kind tones, but lowdown meanness, in a "Christian" disguise. "How are you doing?" "Anything I can do?" but then as I present my case and show what I've done, it is clear there will be no changing of this. THEN he has the paternalistic gaslighting NERVE to say "God wil
Dolores Dace
A
thread 10/13
will bring you through this, trust in him" like he's not the one who is doing this shit to a single mom in her 60's trying to put her daughter through college. And then, he says, "I know (daughter's name) will struggle with this, but this is the time for you to model grace and resting on God's
Dolores Dace
A
thread 11/13
strength to bring you through these difficult times."
I had my fist ball up under my desk. I wanted to slap him upside his little bald head. I felt Will Smith's "Get my daughter's name the hell out your mouth" rage.
Restrained myself. But did get a sense of power and anger.
09:58 PM - May 12, 2024
Dolores Dace
A
thread 12/13
"I'm not going to make this easy for you." I told him, & he flinched. By then he was saying I shdnt tell anyone like parents or teachers abt this.
Oh. Well I already had told people on Thursday. When you didn't call me in to an office with a document and decency. Too late. That was satisfying.
10:00 PM - May 12, 2024
Dolores Dace
A
thread 13/13
Then the paternalistic pig asked me if I cd work ok despite this 'difficulty.' 🤬 "Yes," I said, "because I am a professional."

Coda to these 4 days of unending horridness:
After I left work on Friday, I go to a mtg. Find out an attorney needs $4K that I don't have, and found out my huge tax bill.
10:06 PM - May 12, 2024
MichiganKnitter
A
I am so sorry for your horrid week, the financial strains, and the so-called Christian organization's treatment of you.

I know stranger sympathy isn't a help. Close the door on that hateful church school, be as optimistic and hopeful as you can be, and move on to something better.

Hugs.
In response to Dolores Dace.
07:58 PM - May 15, 2024
Dolores Dace
A
In response to MichiganKnitter.
Thank you so much. Sympathy and kindness are always wonderful and appreciated.
09:45 PM - May 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}