Salma Typhii
A
thread 1/2
How about not noticing that facists have been active in the US basically as long as we have existed? Remember Pete Wilson, RonaldReagan, Newt Gingrich, Pat Buchanan, etc? And then all #RedStateDems have been fighting it. Thes folks started local. We screamed for help and no one listened
Aussiefemmebot @aussiefemmebot
I was referring to fascism on our shores.

Privileged ? Certainly not by class or sex, sexual orientation or ability, but maybe by citizenship or gender ? Who knows ? Not you, thanks for asking.
12:10 PM - May 17, 2024
12:37 PM - May 17, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
thread 2/2
Hell my fucking GRANDPA born 1900 warned me that the US was probably only a few elections away from facism. Given that he emigrated from Germany because he saw what was coming after the 1923 Putsch, I figured he knew what he was talking about
12:44 PM - May 17, 2024
Aussiefemmebot
A
Maybe because the USA doesn't figure a central role in my "uncritically experiencing my unearned privileges" in my life ? 😂

My 102 y.o. grandparents routed fascism in WWII. allowing yourself to continue uncritically experiencing your do nothing actions on old King Donald.
In response to Salma Typhii.
01:30 AM - May 18, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Aussiefemmebot.
So who many Aboriginal people whose land you live on did it take to get that? Remember all us colonial are facist
01:24 PM - May 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}