Ed Lynch
A
Is the problem with TikTok that it gives all of our private information to Chinese oligarchs instead of American oligarchs like the other apps?
01:31 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Jon L (he/him/his)
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
Precisely! If an evil giant faceless corporation is going to steal my data, I want it to be AMERICAN! 🇺🇸 😂

But srsly, the Chinese Communist Party is grabbing your data and identity off TikTok and you probably shouldn’t use it 🫢
02:20 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
And may also compromise national security if the app is used in just the wrong way. But that's strictly speculation on my part. Chinese oligarchs or American ones...neither are our friends.
02:00 PM - Mar 17, 2023
N N
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
Yes! That makes sense to me! 🤔
01:54 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
Both!
01:53 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
😆 We should all be worried about the amount of data being collected, but China is the king of surveillance & creating a database that includes facial recognition & biometrics. In the age of AI & deep fakes, this is especially problematic. There are obvious & not so obvious national security issues.
01:37 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
And to answer your question, it's that the Chinese oligarchs are required to give the data to the Chinese govt.
01:39 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Worse yet, I could see the Chinese investing the necessary time and money into AI R&D that I've yet to see from, say, Google or Apple.
03:06 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Lisa Wines
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
I can't love this spout enough.
01:33 PM - Mar 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}