Rachel S
A
I hate that books are being banned, but I love that Brooklyn Public Library is doing what they can to give teens access to banned books. Kids deserve to see themselves and their families represented in the books they read! #BookSpout #ReadBannedBooks #ReadersOfSpoutible #WeNeedDiverseBooks
09:13 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Rachel S
A
In response to Rachel S.
Little free libraries are also great. I'm in a blue county in a mostly red state, so I try to put diverse children's/YA books in LFLs in red areas around me. You can often find them in apartment complexes, which are hopefully accessible to teens. It's not a perfect solution, but every bit helps.
09:53 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Dana Lindsell
A
In response to Rachel S.
We need to make sure that the kids that need it most can get a kindle. Perhaps a drive for new and used kindles? What do people think would be most effective?
09:28 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Rachel S
A
In response to Dana Lindsell.
That's such a good point! I still worry that this only helps kids whose parents are supportive of them reading these books or at least are privileged enough to have a smart phone/tablet/kindle. I would love to contribute to some sort of drive to get technology to those kids.
09:36 AM - Feb 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}