bronxelf
A
I was doing pretty well for a couple weeks but in the past 36 hours the #adhd symptoms are off the charts. Ive walked into things, burnt myself, had things fall on me, made utterly stupid mistakes, etc. absolutely countless times.

About to cry from frustration. I dont have time for this.
06:32 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to bronxelf.
I'm so sorry.
06:33 AM - Mar 18, 2023
bronxelf
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
The worst part is Im trying SO HARD and two seconds later, it;ll happen again. I had something in the microwave, and Im like "okay, you have to be careful not to burn yourself..." and like clockwork, my arm hit something on the way out and I got splashed with hot water. AGAIN.
06:35 AM - Mar 18, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
In response to bronxelf.
Ever try meditation? Or, a morning dose of yoga might help center yourself. I dunno, just spit balling here. I don't know what it's like to have ADHD.

As someone with ADD, I can tell you sometimes it's hard to focus on just one thing at a time.
06:38 AM - Mar 18, 2023
bronxelf
A
If a doctor would give me medication, I'd take it. But so far, everyone is interested in non-medication solutions, as if I havent tried them all. sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, but my business doesnt care either way - orders HAVE to go out.

Dr.'s appt. on Monday. We'll see. :(
06:49 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to bronxelf.
Based on what I've observed among friends, it seems easier to get medication for your kid than yourself. I'm not sure why that is. It seems like it woukd be just as if not more important for an adult to be functional.
Good luck!
07:58 AM - Mar 18, 2023
bronxelf
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
It frustrates me that you have to be essentially nonfunctional to get help. I would like to not have to get to that point. Im doing my best here but Ive been getting nowhere with receiving *actual help* yet, and I have a business to run.
08:26 AM - Mar 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}