Lisa Rene
A
"You don't have a recession when you have 500,000 jobs and the lowest unemployment rate in more than 50 years," Yellen told ABC's Good Morning America program.

"What I see is a path in which inflation is declining significantly and the economy is remaining strong."
https://www.reuters.com/market
08:02 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Statman Stu
B
In response to Lisa Rene.
It is genuinely difficult to know how much “inflation, then recession” talk was political & aimed at getting GOP’ers elected vs how much was economists misreading the impacts of Covid, supply chains, & Putin’s war spiking oil & gas prices? What I know is RW media bias is real & extends to biz news.
08:33 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Sitara 68
A
I looked at WHO was spouting the recession fear mongering. It was Deustche Bank and conservative think tanks like Heritage Foundation. I'm certain it was all for the election.
In response to Statman Stu.
09:29 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Statman Stu
B
In response to Sitara 68.
Many memes originate in right wing media, or associated groups, then migrate to main stream media news & business channels. While inflation was real, the one-sided "it's Biden's fault" was so far off it was remarkable. It was not spending, it was supply chains, oil prices, & corp price gouging.
09:46 AM - Feb 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}