Sitara 68
A
I did it! I got a digital pressure canner. I got tired of sitting by the stove adjusting temperature to maintain pressure. I gave it a test drive a couple of days ago. Not sure what I will can first. I have red onions I want to pickle or ground beef with taco seasoning. #canning
12:11 PM - Mar 18, 2023
J. Hansen
A
In response to Sitara 68.
Wow. Admire your energy. I want to love to can but... think I'll just follow along and can vicariously.
12:24 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Sitara 68
A
In response to J. Hansen.
Canning on the stovetop is very boring. I enjoy all the prep work. This is going to make it more enjoyable, because I can work on the next set of jars while the canner is working.
01:08 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Bev Turner
A
In response to Sitara 68.
I've been using my old 4-pint Presto for 40 years and still works but have been looking at these. Let us know how you like it.
12:13 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Sitara 68
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Not sure if I'm going to get rid of my stovetop Presto, yet. Might be good as a backup. I did do a run with just water in jars and it was very nice to be able to walk away. The proof will be when I actually can something.
12:19 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Sitara 68
A
In response to Bev Turner.
So, just from that initial test run, it's not much different than stovetop, but it has the advantages of a setting that lets you warm your jars before filling them and being able to just walk away when you set it.
12:21 PM - Mar 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}