Steven Beschloss
A
Honestly, I’ve had it with all the chaos and all the lawless, anti-democratic chaos-makers in elected office fueling grievance and anger.
12:59 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Vanessa White
B
In response to Steven Beschloss.
And? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Seriously, no one with any means to stop this appears to be able to. It is my belief that we are past the point of no return and the only thing that’s going to straighten this out is another civil war. But if you have another suggestion I’d love to hear it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
01:11 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Barb Hrmn
A
It's not that they can't - it's that most cishet white people don't WANT to. They benefit from the anti-democratic, oppressive, racist policies that marginalize so many vulnerable populations. We have to focus, vote out GOP, and work for equity and equality.
In response to Vanessa White.
01:24 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Vanessa White
B
In response to Barb Hrmn.
Gerrymandering continues unchecked, congress can’t seem to pass voter rights legislation, red states making it nearly impossible to vote in blue districts. We lost the House as a direct result of this. Unless stopped, DeSantis has a very real chance of being potus 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️
02:23 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Barb Hrmn
A
In response to Vanessa White.
We keep losing in part to gerrymandering, but also people stay home or the "do something" faction pouts and says "earn my vote" (which is impossible with moving goal posts). Losing the House is standard 2 years into an administration. We lost far fewer seats than expected, and kept the Senate.
09:17 PM - Mar 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}