Markus
A
In case you're wondering: They went ahead and did it. The Conservative party is now forming a coalition government with the neo-fascists in Austria's largest state.

So what are the cornerstones of that agreement?
I'm glad you asked: (see following spouts)
Markus @derfinsterling
Not sure if you're interested in local elections of Austria, but I wanted to share a little tidbit: Austria has 9 federal states. The largest of them had an election recently. The largest party is the conservative Peoples Party (think: Mitt Romney GOP).
Second is the Freedom Party (think: MAGA).
04:25 AM - Mar 10, 2023
12:56 PM - Mar 20, 2023
Markus
A
In response to Markus.
1: Covid: They've set aside 30M Euro to pay back any penalities someone had to pay for breaking Covid-lockdown rules.
2: Family care: there will be money for that. Remember: The SPÖ wanted that, too. But that wasn't possible.
12:58 PM - Mar 20, 2023
Markus
A
In response to Markus.
3: Anti-Inflation: Heating costs should be capped (again, also what the Social Democrats wanted). But: Foreigners and poor people shall be excluded.
4: They have a whole chapter on prohibiting gender-sensitive language.
5: Poor people won't get money, but "stuff" - probably vouchers.
01:01 PM - Mar 20, 2023
Markus
A
In response to Markus.
6: Children should be taken care of at home! There will be some financial incentives for doing so.
7: Mobility should be based on individual, not public transport, and it should be run on gasoline, not electric. To support that: More roads should be built.
01:02 PM - Mar 20, 2023
Markus
A
It reads like a political program from the 50ies - which, I guess, is progress considering that the fascist party probably was aiming for the 30ies and 40ies.
In response to Markus.
01:03 PM - Mar 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}