(laura) elsen
A
I don't know who needs to hear this but cable news is not good. It's an hour long confirmation bias outrage cycle that never stops. There are other sources for news out there. Try walking away for a week (yes, even this week), see how your peace improves.
09:34 AM - Mar 24, 2023 (Edited)
Nefarious Means
A
In response to (laura) elsen.
I got rid of cable years ago. I find that we get better reporting from local/regional reporters and from non-profit newsrooms like the MS Free Press or Pro Publica.
09:46 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Linda the scandi
A
They're all tabloids to me. Hate their little 'life-style' bits too. Real news I get from journalists on Twitter, and by seeing myself what our our representatives are saying.
09:12 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Ken Robert
A
I started watching the PBS News Hour instead and I think my blood pressure dropped. It’s not my only source of news but it’s pretty much the only news on television I watch other than clips. Good reporting without hype and they actually do in depth pieces on things other than just politics.
08:10 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Terry Calvert
A
Bailed along time ago. There is zero value in it. I agree
10:39 AM - Apr 24, 2023
RS_ Thomas
A
These days there are some liberal radio programs I listen to. That and the late night guys like Colbert and Kimmel are where I get most of my news.
10:33 AM - Apr 24, 2023
Jesse Elin Browne
A
In response to RS_ Thomas.
I so miss the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
10:39 AM - Apr 24, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
When you have to fill 24 hrs profitably, outrage captures attention.
09:37 AM - Mar 24, 2023
(laura) elsen
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Yes, it keeps Trump afloat while simultaneously failing to speak on substantive issues. Its fingerprints are all over the timeline.
09:43 AM - Mar 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}