Valda DeDieu
A
Why would #HIPAA not apply if it's a law concerning my medical privacy? Anything interfering with my ability to take what is medically prescribed infringes on that -- even if it's someone in a position to dispense prescriptions, refusing to do so.
Dee Gee @dcgatl
#HIPAA is a law not an entity. It doesn't apply in this case though.

Always said, they want to control our lives and they see this as their opportunity. If we don't stop them soon they will push us back to the 1950s or worse. Ask women in Iran how that works out.
03:35 PM - Mar 24, 2023
03:45 PM - Mar 24, 2023
Dee Gee
A
In response to Valda DeDieu.
HIPAA priv & sec rules apply in specific cases. Care provider or health plan that pays for that care that use electronic transactions for that payment HIPAA applies.

But, it only applies to how they can use the info you have and how they must protect it.

Info is covered not the care.
03:59 PM - Mar 24, 2023 (Edited)
Valda DeDieu
A
In response to Dee Gee.
So someone using your private medical info to cherry pick what prescriptions can be dispensed to you although they're merely the "dispenser"... is not 'misusing' your information? N'est-ce pas?
https://reciprocity.com/resources/does-hipaa-apply-to-pharmacies/
04:14 PM - Mar 24, 2023 (Edited)
Dee Gee
A
Misuse of the information under HIPAA only includes sharing it inappropriately with others. If you are allowed to access it to the info and you aren't sharing it inappropriately you have met the HIPAA privacy limitations.
04:29 PM - Mar 24, 2023
Valda DeDieu
A
In response to Dee Gee.
All law is subject to interpretation. Which is why #RoevWade was - then wasn't.

This is how precedents are set. #HIPAA can be made here to apply and should.

There is NOTHING that cannot be done. I am interested ONLY in what can be and suspicious of those who attempt to force-feed limitations
02:14 PM - Mar 25, 2023
Dee Gee
A
I really am very knowledgeable about how #HIPAA laws work, when things apply and don't. I even advise people on how to exercise their rights under #HIPAA . It is not what we need to use.

See the section on Conscientious Objection. That is what they are using. Not part of #HIPAA but still under HHS
02:40 PM - Mar 25, 2023 (Edited)
Dee Gee
A
In response to Dee Gee.
02:42 PM - Mar 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}