Kathryn
A
Family secrets. OMG. I have been working on my family tree for years and today was the goldmine of discovery.

Father's side of the family from Odessa Ukraine.
Mother's side of the family Jewish.

My parents/grandparents are deceased so I dug this up on my own with Ancestry.
01:13 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Mia L
A
In response to Kathryn.
Congratulations!! That’s wonderful amd exciting!!!

Ive had more luck with my husband’s mom’s ancestors (Poland, Germany, Prussia) than mine. Finding Sicilian ancestors can be quite the challenge. Must be a great feeling to have found them 🙂
02:15 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Kathryn
A
In response to Mia L.
Aww thank you! Discovering your past and ancestors is so interesting. I can understand how tracing Sicilian ancestors would definitely be difficult. Keep on researching and don't give up.
03:11 AM - Mar 26, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Kathryn.
I recently ( like a month ago) learned a family secret that literally changed EVERYTHING. My entire perspective of the past is forever altered albeit now it all makes sense.

how they could keep it from me is beyond comprehension.
01:35 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Kathryn
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
OMG wow! I am very curious what happened?
01:50 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Lisa Galloway
A
In response to Kathryn.
It's a great feeling when you get a leaf on a relative and names/generations appear. Was able to trace my husband's family back to the 1400s so far. Also did 23 and me to compare with Ancestry.
01:22 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Kathryn
A
In response to Lisa Galloway.
That is incredible! What an interesting story you have. I am completely blown away by my findings. My parents and grandparents told a very different story. That's why I said, "family secrets."
01:24 AM - Mar 26, 2023
(((Pro-Choice Morgana)))
A
In response to Kathryn.
Very cool! Perhaps we're cousins.

My great grandmother (moms's mom's mom) packed up the family from Odessa and they basically walked and hitch hiked to Shanghai in the 1920s, where my grandmother was born.
01:18 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Kathryn
A
In response to (((Pro-Choice Morgana))).
Oh wow what a great story! Mine emigrated from Odessa Ukraine to the Midwest.
01:22 AM - Mar 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}