Yvette
A
In response to Robert Hill.
I was a little kid in 1970. I had no idea things were that BLEAK for women then. I knew some of these things, but definitely not all of them. We CANNOT go back to this!
10:30 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Becky Klein
A
The GOP wants to take us back to this. And beyond...
10:24 AM - Apr 07, 2023
Cookie
A
Not sure about not wearing pants to school--I never wore a dress to school (public school). Most others wore pants also.
07:49 AM - Mar 26, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Cookie.
In Canada, before 1970 as a girl you could not wear pants, you could wear them under your dress/skirt, in the winter, but they came off when you got to school. Things started to change around 1970. I lived in Montreal for grade one and had to wear snow pants under my dress.
10:08 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Rebecca
A
Small addition, while you were at school (wearing 'not pants') the vice principle would come around with a tape measure, squat down and measure your skirt length to make sure it was in compliance. If not you were sent home. Boys hair was measured also.
07:30 AM - Mar 26, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
I invite everyone to re-listen to No Doubt's "I'm Just A Girl" and then remind yourself that song came out in 1995.

https://youtu.be/RuS9pE4pi...
No Doubt - Just A Girl (1995) - YouTube

Titulo: Just a GirlArtista: No DoubtDel Album: Tragic KingdomAño del Album: 1995Numero de Pista en el album : 3Fecha de lanzamiento del Video: 10 de Octubre ...

06:37 AM - Mar 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}