Christa Williams
A
Spending this Sunday trying to catch up on an impossible number of Epic in-basket messages. Anyone else interested in remedies to #physicianburnout ? Particularly looking at health systems that are successfully addressing drivers on burnout?
12:45 PM - Mar 26, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to Christa Williams.
Of course, none of this is really an answer to your question. Health systems can't meaningfully address physician burnout. They'd have to reduce your patient panel because that's the only thing that really matters. Other than embedding a PharmD in clinic, which I have in CF clinic.
01:02 PM - Mar 26, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
4. Encourage patients to sign up for MyChart so you can quickly send a message (build your dot phrase responses) attached to the result of the test.
"Thanks for getting your labs done! No concerns."
(My dot phrase for this is .kmthxlabs)
01:00 PM - Mar 26, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
will call when the results come to her inbox."

This reduces the number of messages I see.
3. When I'm writing my notes, I often include "if this, then that" language in. It helps not to go back, immerse in the visit to think what to do with an abnormal result.
12:58 PM - Mar 26, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
It's faster to respond to a refill request than a message asking if a med can be refilled.
2. MA getting a patient message requesting interpretation of a CT or PFT is authorized by me to respond "Dr. M will go over this test with you at your next appointment. If there are concerning results, she
12:56 PM - Mar 26, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
I've come up with several strategies:
1. At the end of my note templates, a sentence: "Refills for *** for the next (drop down: 3m, 6m, 9m, 12m) are approved."
The MA is then free to send the refill if a request comes from the pharmacy for the appropriate time based on this written "verbal" orde
12:54 PM - Mar 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}