Carol Brown
A
1) I am a retired school librarian of 29 years. My last library was an architectural marvel but was very open with lots of glass and multiple access points. I used to obsess during lock down drills where could I hide and protect 100 plus teens during lunch time.
01:11 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Sandie de Rgmt
A
In response to Carol Brown.
Such a sad quote 😢
04:56 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Grey Starling
A
The fact that even has to cross your mind is utterly bizarre from an outside of the US perspective. I feel so sad for you guys, as both a teacher and a parent. Schools are one place where *everyone* should feel safe.
02:24 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
Oh my goodness Carol. I can imagine the stress of having to think about that would be. Open but contained area with 100 kids… under an attack it would be a nightmare.
01:15 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Carol Brown
A
In response to Misha Ellison.
One year we needed an assistant. One applicant was a Columbine survivor. I asked her how she felt about school libraries and she broke down in tears. It was a generic question until it wasn’t.
01:20 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Carol Brown
A
2)The heater closet? My office closet? The janitor closet in the girl’s restroom. Assuming we had the time to get the kids hidden. Assuming we had the time to get the kids hidden. Retired now, I drop my grandson off at school and scan for security flaws and unsecured access points. Damn, damn …
01:13 AM - Mar 28, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
💔 Wow! 😢 This is why we fight. We deserve so much better than this. Parents shouldn’t be forced to tears just dropping off our children for an education.
04:41 PM - Mar 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}