Pennell Somsen
A
Maybe the answer is to not be so quick to crown a hero just because they did their job well at a particular moment. Maybe we need to look past the performative to see actual accomplishments.
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀 @mcgarrygirl78
We're living long enough to see our heroes become villains. It's such an utter disappointment.
10:07 AM - Mar 28, 2023
10:23 AM - Mar 28, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Pennell Somsen.
Perhaps you're right. But I surely didn't know that as a child in the 1980s watching Martina defect from the Evil Empire and go on to rule the sport of women's tennis. We can teach our children to learn from our mistakes, not go back in time and pretend we were too smart to make them.
12:01 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Pennell Somsen
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I saw your comment completely out of context without seeing the whole thread. I'm still dog-paddling in Spoutible. As children we do have heroes and it feels like a betrayal when they disappoint. Because i took the comment out of context I was referring to "heroes of the hour" like Mario Cuomo, Rudy
12:26 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Eww, those dudes would never be my hero.
12:59 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Pennell Somsen
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Not yours, nor mine, but they were all elevated beyond their accomplishments. I liked that one speech EW gave and the first time Katie Porter appeared with her whiteboard looking like she was going to a church potluck I liked her. My respect for them turned into disrespect fast.
01:38 PM - Mar 28, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I typically don't have folks politically affiliated as heroes. Exceptions are Hillary Clinton, Maxine Waters, and Kamala Harris.
02:30 PM - Mar 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}