Diane Turner
A
How to get key Tweeters to open a Spoutible account?

Strength in numbers:

- We join forces here to target one key account per day (Hamil for instance)

- We send it out here w/ a graphic and then bombard them at once so we can’t be missed.

Comment if you’ll help me organize! Thoughts

I’ll help organize

Good idea- would do

Won’t work/Won’t do.

Don’t have/quit twitter

40 votes — 10:16 AM - Mar 29, 2023
YellowDogYankee
A
In response to Diane Turner.
I see a lot of negative comments that this could be construed as begging/nagging. But it could be fun and flattering. "A bunch of us decided we really miss you. Do you miss us? Come on over, the water's warm and the spouts are fine."
12:27 PM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to YellowDogYankee.
Yes. That is more what I was thinking. The messaging would be more positive. But I would need to support and help here.
01:58 PM - Mar 29, 2023
Lynn From_OK
A
This will not work. It's a fact of human nature that most of us don't like to be nagged or pressured and will react by not doing what you want them to, even if you don't mean for it to be nagging, when several dozen people do it that's what it will feel like.
11:53 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Cindy Crum
A
Whatever I can do to help.
11:47 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Cindy Crum.
Thanks Cindy. I will keep you posted.
11:48 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
Let's not bother, harass and whine at people, let's show them how great this is as an alternative! Sending awesome links to cool spouts might do it!
11:25 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Drummer Girl.
Fair enough. Love the diverse opinions. But maybe it’s a combo. We create something really fun and target. I think it takes numbers in a big legacy twitter accounts to get noticed. But just spouting ideas.
11:27 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
Honestly, I think we should be trying to lure people over, rather than beg them to switch…

We have a lotta really cool people here, and now that we can post videos, we can do stuff like this👇and drive traffic to #Spoutible 🐳

We’re FUN!! Let’s SHOW EM! 💃

https://spoutible.com/thread/3438583
11:13 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
I wouldn’t make it seem like begging. It could be witty and entertaining. But I like your strategy too. I think there is more than one way to skin a cat. Time is of the essence if we want Spoutible to win leadership here. Tons of other places trying to get people to join. We need to try everything.
11:15 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
Hey Susan. And thanks for joining the dialog! I gave you a follow.
11:22 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Ms. Gen
A
From what i'm reading, many people know eventually they will migrate from Twitter. However, there is a sense of social media fatigue due to so many different options and the risk of spreading themselves too thin. Maybe, we should focus on highlighting why Spoutible IS the best option out there.
11:06 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Ms. Gen.
I think that is certainly a part of it and can be worked into a strategy. For the exact reasons that you mention - too many options- is why we need to come together in a tactical way so that Spoutible rises to top of choices. People will follow their favorites over also.
11:08 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Ms. Gen.
That last sentence 🔥👍

I think we should do coordinated “events” where we post videos HERE, and share the links everywhere else we use #socialmedia on specific dates in order to drive traffic to #Spoutible 🤩💃

https://spoutible.com/thread/3736882
11:15 AM - Mar 29, 2023
FirstAmendmentGirl
A
I don't get the "send it out here" part. If they aren't here, how will they know? I have been tweeting this to accounts on Twitter asking them to make the move. I think that makes more sense.
10:55 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to FirstAmendmentGirl.
I meant to coordinate here to send it towards one person maybe personalized at once …. but put it out on Twitter.

Same concept but we put a person’s name in graphic that we really want here and we all target them on twitter on same day. If they get a big wave at once it might have more power. ??
10:57 AM - Mar 29, 2023
L B
A
I believe people enjoy the chaos on Twitter. why on earth are people not rushing to open an account here if Twitter is such a bad place?
10:45 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to L B.
No one is saying they have to leave twitter… yet. Everyone has their line in the sand as to when the Chaos gets to be too toxic. Twitter has large numbers which is more the reason. But if a popular twitter person thinks they have an audience here they could open up a Spoutible account too.
10:48 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
@DroidPlays Do you think this would work? Maybe we could use the lists you have made to help call people out to help?
10:23 AM - Mar 29, 2023
Diane Turner
A
GenX_Kid What do you think of this? You do such great graphics. Could we switch out names like Mark Hamil, Stephen King… etc… to target?
10:21 AM - Mar 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}