Bill Prady
A
Has anyone really taken the time to see which Twitter alternative seems likely to emerge as the frontrunner?
03:14 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Danielle Solzman
A
In response to Bill Prady.
I'm liking Spoutible over Mastodon because it's easier to find people here and you don't have a gazillion different servers.
09:08 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Prefab Spout
A
This one is most Twitter-like and the creator understands the platform and how to, hopefully, keep it safe.
But people might not be as forgiving with bugs and speeds here as they were in Twitter's early days because they're used to a mature platform now.
But hopefully this one sticks.
03:47 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Kim
A
Yes and this is it
03:31 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Tim Graf
A
This one. :-)
03:22 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Missy
A
i’ve been on mastodon, post & hive. mastodon was hard to figure out how to work it for a few months but when i got it down pat it got boring, post was okay but not great & hive was meh/mediocre. Spoutible is by far the best one to be the front runner.

but that’s just me. 🤷🏼‍♀️
03:20 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
I can’t speak to anything like market share or trajectory of new user acquisitions, but I tried Hive, Post, Mastodon, and Counter Social and Spoutible was far and away the most full featured and easiest to use, with the fastest (good!) updates. Twitter updates have been fast but bad.
03:18 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Lynn From_OK
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
I haven't tried all of those but I did try Mastodon and for me the most off-putting thing about it was the culture. Newbies are not welcomed over there. Also high character limit is not the advantage some people think it is.
05:17 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
I haven't done as deep a dive as you but, of the platforms I tried, @Spoutible is where I've landed & am v happy to have done so. Terrific performance, great environment, engaging ppl. The only thing I found elsewhere that I wish were replicated here is #post .News' lack of character count limit.
05:20 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Klobby L
A
I've taken two months. Spoutible.
03:17 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Josol
A
💯 Spoutible!!
03:15 PM - Apr 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}