MsFahrenheit
A
I know I am being vulnerable in exposing my ignorance, but this place seems decent, so...
of course there should and will be an app, but I've been on this site on my Droid from day 1 w/o an app w/o problem. How or what will an app change or make easier? TYIA. I appreciate your responses.
05:47 PM - Apr 01, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
In response to MsFahrenheit.
Thank you all making me feel like my question was reasonable. If there is one thing I am not it's a developer/programmer. I, too, have a S icon on my home screen that I tap to come here. I almost always remember to log out, too. 😇 lolz. Thanks again. I understand better now. I appreciate you.
06:39 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Claudia Citro
A
@MsFahrenheit I use my IPad for most things. Young people with good eyes do everything on their phones. I don’t get that. But again, I am old, and retired. I’m so old I use my phone as a phone only. Laugh 😂 f you must. I’m retired.
06:19 PM - Apr 01, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
In response to Claudia Citro.
Nope, I would never laugh. Thank you for responding and being so engaged. 👍🏽 I appreciate your response.
06:30 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Hector West
A
Great question! I’m hoping it will decrease the speed at which my battery drains when active. Also notifications in an app might be easier to manage. Last, I’m hoping it fixes the timeline jump/refresh and losing place while scrolling. Cheers!
06:14 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Antony L
A
Another example, I clicked into an image on a Spout 10 spouts down from yours, when I closed the full image display, it took me back to your Spout and not the one with the image. So I have to go hunt and find my place again.
06:00 PM - Apr 01, 2023

Only followers of this user (bootgrlll) can see their posts

Antony L
A
Also, if I click into a spouts comments from my time line and then go back, it doesn't land me back in the same spot on the timeline, in an app that'll be easier for the developers to make smoother for the users as well. It's a large number of small things. They matter in aggregate to me.
05:56 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Doug S
A
My iPhone gets *real* hot when using it. Hoping an app will produce a lower demand on the cpu.
Antony L
A
Im on Android too. I'm looking forward to an app because it'll be easier for the dev team to do a lot of the subtle niceties I want. Like the bottom nav bar always showing at the bottom of the screen.
05:55 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Bella_Gee
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:52 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Jn2375
A
In response to Bella_Gee.
Yeah me neither.. works great on my phone just added it to my home screen for quick access.
05:54 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Carol D ☮️
A
For me, I would like the convenience of being able to just open the app rather than having to open a page on my browser. (I keep too many pages open as it is.) Also, certain actions on this site cause additional pages to open in my browser, so for me it would just feel contained and simplified.
05:50 PM - Apr 01, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to Carol D ☮️.
I have an android & I just saved the link on my home screen. So I don't have to pull up a webpage, go to Spoutible, put my log in info...It's in there, so one button & I'm in.
But I'm old, so maybe an app is somehow "better"?

btw this is the same way I used to log into Twitter.
05:55 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Bella_Gee
A
In response to Carol D ☮️.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
Notifications for one are easier to manage/set preferences for. Plus, if ya don't close it and you use a shortcut to the page, ya end up with multiple tabs. I never remember so I have like 10 by the end of the day. Not a huge deal, but nice to manage.
05:49 PM - Apr 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}