Marcie
A
Spending Easter at my not-so-lovely mother-in-law's, and so not looking forward to it. 😬 I envy people who have good relationships with their inlaws. I'm probably going to stress out about it all week. 😕
09:34 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Mary N.U.
A
In response to Marcie.
You think you have bad in laws? My ex mother in-law used to tell me I was "different—good" and "rather intelligent" for a Brit of African origin!
Didn't want "too many immigrants taking up free hospital beds and clogging up our NHS"...
She was a suburban English woman.
Yep, there are worse ones!
09:45 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Marcie
A
In response to Mary N.U..
You're right. She isn't quite that bad. Still pretty terrible though. Caused a lot of stress over the last 20+ years.
09:49 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Mary N.U.
A
In response to Marcie.
I know the type. Just endure her as much as is humanly possible, for the sake of your spouse and—possibly—children.

I used to tell myself each day: 'just one more day' and somehow I managed to never have any quarell with her until I ended my relationship with her son.

Wishing you all the best.
09:57 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Marcie
A
In response to Mary N.U..
Thank you. My daughter loves her grandma. My husband is going so he can see his sisters. He doesn't get along with her either. I could stay home, but that would make my daughter sad. I will get through it. Fortunately, we don't have to see her often.
10:01 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Mary N.U.
A
Well done. Do it for your daughter, she'll appreciate your effort.
Like you said, fortunately you don't have to see her often. 😊
In response to Marcie.
10:07 PM - Apr 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}