Rebekah Jones
A
Yesterday I published a piece about the recent survey of college kids fleeing Florida. Forgot to share here, which I'm going to commit to being better about given the piece about Twitter that I'm publishing tomorrow.

https://rebekahjones.subst...
04:20 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
In response to Rebekah Jones.
Thank you ….
11:28 PM - Dec 20, 2023
Rob NDenver
A
If I was a college age kid in FL I’d be running for my life! We won’t come and vacation there until you all come to your senses.
09:36 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Wedge
A
I fear the idiots will just see this as a win.
12:41 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Janet
A
I attended UMiami it was the best four years of my life! One of my kids will major in marine bio, and UM seemed like an obvious choice - however, given what is currently going on in FL, he will look elsewhere - in states that treat people with dignity.
09:20 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Barb Miller
A
So happy you are here
12:44 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Jay D
A
Only 1 in 8? See DeSantis knows that most people, even young people, shrug at his overt racism, homophobia, and misogyny.
08:54 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Rebekah Jones
A
In response to Jay D.
1 in 8 leaving the state is nearly 6 1/2 times the annual estimate, and that's just the ones who are leaving specifically because of DeSantis. The ripple effect of his policies likely influence others leaving, as well.
09:15 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Tasha
A
THIS is where the rubber meets the Mouse Ears! ECONOMIC EMBARGO on Florida is what will make the difference! Good for these college students!
08:07 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Melissa Cavallone
A
I’m not encouraging my high school senior to look in Florida, that’s for sure.
08:00 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:46 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Mark Hardwicke
A
Paying out of state tuition at a lot of schools will significantly raise their student debt burden. Another price to pay for personal safety in DeSantistan.
05:16 PM - Apr 02, 2023
deni mull
A
Like here, in Indiana, due to horrible GOP policies Florida has a HUGE brain drain coming.
All the Florida Man stories indicate this is something they really cannot afford.
04:44 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Rebecca
A
I’m surprised it’s as low as 1 in 8, but supposed location and tuition fees for in-state schools has a major impact for a lot of students.
04:26 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Beth Boisvert
A
My 17 yr old, Cum Laude, daughter looking to be a pharmacologist has already ruled out Florida for college due 100% to the new restrictions on education DeSantis made. She wants to go out of state - just not there anymore - and throws away all Florida college offers.
04:23 PM - Apr 02, 2023
JeffCO
A
In response to Beth Boisvert.
I'm sure she's plenty busy at present, but maybe later she could send them all letters telling them why she won't be attending their institutions. It shouldn't be up to the students to be doing all of the pushback, the universities themselves should be using their clout as well.
07:48 PM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}