LynnK
A
I cannot stand people saying that indicting Trump may help him not hurt him politically. They say it may not have been a good move to indict him. Indicting Trump is about upholding the rule of law. Do we now not uphold the law if it is not a good political move? Uphold the law. End of story.
11:13 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to LynnK.
If we let fear keep us from upholding the law, then fascism has already won.

Also, if Democrats don't uphold the law, it will give fuel to "both sides" narratives designed to keep progressives home or "protest voting", so I'm not even convinced its good campaign strategy.
12:34 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to LynnK.
Agree 100%... tfg isn't being indicted because dems want to hurt him... he's being indicted because he likely committed a crime. Actually, I favor a graduated punishment, the more power you have, the bigger the penalty for the same offense, whether it's clergy or a coup plotter.
11:47 PM - Apr 02, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
You have my support for that.
12:16 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Also, I favour penalties to keep someone who abuses their position from reoffending.

If a doctor commits malpractice, they can lose their licence. If a lawyer is unethical, they can be disbarred.

A white-collar crook shouldn't be allowed to do business. And a traitor should be barred from office.
12:37 AM - Apr 03, 2023 (Edited)
Piyush Mittal
A
In response to LynnK.
Agreed. We have nothing if we don’t uphold the law.
11:25 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to LynnK.
I am sick of the handwringing over whether it's good for Trump politically or bad for the country to deal with neither matters so long as he broke the law that's all that ought to be considered if we are to remain a rule of law nation. This is the bedrock of democracy & Trump can't be it's undoing..
11:20 PM - Apr 02, 2023
StephForJustice
A
In response to LynnK.
Agreed!
11:16 PM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}