Cynthia Williams
A
A new #Spoutible user lamented on Twitter that while they liked all of us, they found the original content lacking. Twitter was the same when it first started.

How should Spoutible users respond?

Banish user to Twitter

Shun the new user

Spout curses at the user

Create original content

56 votes — 07:59 AM - Apr 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (MicahPilk) can see their posts

Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Micah Pilkington.
Yes, I'm with you. Spoutible users can do sooooo much better. 😁
02:36 PM - Apr 03, 2023

Only followers of this user (Jarika) can see their posts

EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
I don't answer polls, but...

The tomfoolery sprite inside me wants to say create content and tag said user in the spout. But my tomfoolery recently got me blocked by someone, so probably don't do that.
09:28 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson.
Hey, Ed. Sometimes a situation calls for tomfoolery. 😉Please go ahead and create your content regardless. Help make Spoutible fantastic! 👍
02:33 PM - Apr 03, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
First, what content did they contribute?
08:36 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to MsFahrenheit.
Ha! You went right for the jugular. "What have you done for me lately?"

It's easier for folks to criticize than to help. I think Twitter got too many users into complaint mode. Let's see if we can change that on Spoutible.

Thanks, MsFahrenheit!
08:46 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Maggie Burgess
A
Ok - so I have not figured out how to post articles on Spoutible…there isn’t a little spout drop on articles yet, how do I do this? Coping doesn’t work, linking doesn’t work…
08:28 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Maggie Burgess.
If you want to post an article you've found, copy the URL link (i.e., https://...) and paste it into your spout. Wait a few seconds for the article to appear, then delete the link eating up your character count.

The article will remain without disappearing. It's a cool feature of Spoutible.
08:32 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Mynxie
A
It's like those elsewhere that complain Spoutible doesn't have this or that kind of content. I tell them, Spout the content you want to see! It's got to start somewhere. Spout enough of it, then others interested in the same will also do so & a community will form. That's how you find your peeps!!
08:20 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Mynxie.
"Spout the (quality) content you want to see."

That's a good philosophy. Nothing more needs to be said. 😎
08:29 AM - Apr 03, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
we shouldn't be fragile and defensive
08:16 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
Stephanie, you're correct. It takes time for a new culture to form. Everyone on Spoutible is building a new social media culture. We know the norms we don't want (that's why we left Twitter). We are still deciding the new norms we want (clean slate). We'll make mistakes. It happens.
08:26 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Marie Jamison
A
The new user should also be aware that they must also participate in the creation of new content. In birdland, the algorithms ruled what you saw and who you saw. We are so used to sparring. The challenge will be on all of us individually to echo spouts of substance to create a fun & provocative pod.
08:12 AM - Apr 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}