Portia McGonagal
A
"They were shopkeepers, clergy, bankers and teachers — and most were from the Midwest or North, not the heart of the Old Confederacy."
About the 1925 march down Pennsylvania Avenue.

The Klan has never been confined to the South.
09:34 AM - Apr 03, 2023
John Worner
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
Fear and anger has never been defined by geography...
08:02 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Ground Control
A
By no means, though, to it's eternal shame, it WAS started by Old Confederates in TN and has gone through three or four major revivals since. Still, I remember Andrew Vachss writing with clear eyes about racism so thick in NYC, you could cut it with a knife...and some did.
02:18 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
"Stephenson, Indiana’s grand dragon [and gifted charlatan], was a violent sex predator who’d gotten away with rape and assault for years because he felt invincible." #NPD
Let's not stop at "white supremacy" and "white Christian nationalist".
#LookDeeper
10:09 AM - Apr 03, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
Folks in the north who think that, refuse to see what's in their own backyard. I'm in my 60s and've lived in PA my whole life, klan and skinheads have been here as far back as I can remember. And according to SPLC's hate map they're very much still here, including in Philly.
09:50 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
My aunt went to Lincoln University, the first HBCU in America, and there used to be Klan rallies with big ass crosses burning in fields close enough for them to see. And this was in the early 1980s.
11:55 AM - Apr 03, 2023
knits, purls, flowers, photons
A
There was a Klan rally in the 80s in the next town over, in this rural red blotch on otherwise blue CT. They seem to be gone now, but are still really hear in the presence of a Let's Go Brandon store and its customers.
https://www.ctinsider.com/...
09:45 AM - Apr 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}