Julius Bonapart
A
I still think the two biggest problems facing this awesome site are lack of app and inaccesible name. Since I can do nothing about the former, I'll periodically give out suggestions to help the latter. Todays idea: blable.
05:31 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Bella_Gee
A
In response to Julius Bonapart.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:34 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Julius Bonapart
A
In response to Bella_Gee.
The problem with that vote is that it was entirely English speakers (mostly in the US). Spoutible is very hard to spell for people who speak other languages (unlike Twitter) and it'll make it very hard to scale. I love this place, and would like to follow Chileans and Ecuadoreans, as I do on bird.
05:39 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Paul Bradshaw
A
For the record "Spoutible" is misspelled English anyway... the English word is "Spoutable". This is deliberate, as it makes it easier to google, being a 'nosnsense' word that sounds just like a real word.

It doesn't take much effort to learn to spell it. I can't see it changing.
06:16 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Julius Bonapart
A
In response to Paul Bradshaw.
The sound in Spanish (at least, I'm sure other languages too) is very awkward. Spoh u teeble would be how it would sound to you in English. I wrote last night with a #espanol hashtag and nobody replied. I'm concerned this will be an "English-only" site. I find few other languages.
06:19 PM - Apr 03, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
Spoutible makes sense. The logo is a whale. Whales have spouts. The sounds whales make are called echoes. We don't tweet here, we "spout". We don't retweet, we "echo". We don't trend, we "make waves". As a community, we sometimes call ourselves a "pod". All these come together in harmony.
09:22 PM - Apr 03, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}