Cheerful Corvid
A
Serious question...
Why is coffee so bad when you heat leftover iced coffee? I've gotta burn it into my brain to stop trying to do this
-spouting while drinking the worst coffee...
07:09 AM - Apr 03, 2023 (Edited)
CentralNJ4Eva
A
In response to Cheerful Corvid.
If someone gives you a real answer to this, please share it with the world. It's AWFUL tasting and I want to know why, too.
07:49 AM - Apr 03, 2023
Cheerful Corvid
A
In response to CentralNJ4Eva.
Right? It's just weird
Hot coffee = good
Iced coffee = good
Hot coffee that gets cold and I put ice in it = still good!
Iced coffee that I heat up = The absolute fucking worst
I do not understand it
09:38 AM - Apr 03, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
Nailed it in one. And I get the whole "You made hot coffee, put it over ice, didn't finish so heated it up later" being bad -- it's too much for the poor drink to handle. But a simple A to B should work. I demand answers from Big Coffee about this.
12:28 PM - Apr 04, 2023
Cheerful Corvid
A
The more I think about it, I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with the ice from my coffee place. Maybe the dirty ice isn't noticeable til heated? But after it has all melted and been heated, some nasty dirty ice taste emerges?
04:59 PM - Apr 04, 2023
CentralNJ4Eva
A
Oooh -- maybe! That's a good guess, I think. I've worked in food service before, and not every place was as diligent about their ice machines as they should've been.
07:37 AM - Apr 05, 2023
Cheerful Corvid
A
Yeah... I dont like this explanation, but it seems likely.
I guess it's not too much of a hardship to try to avoid drinking melted and then reheated deli ice 🤣🤣
Not even gonna stop getting the iced coffee... this place makes the best bagel sandwiches and iced coffee Ive ever had!
08:19 AM - Apr 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}