Professor Kyle
A
And I'm sure these lawmakers know full well that this won't just be devastating to trans people – it will also cause any girl who doesn't look or act "feminine" enough to undergo "inspection" (i.e. sexual assault).
Adeyemi Adams @adeyemiadams2011
Kansas Republicans just overrode the Democratic governor’s veto, enacting a new law that allows for forced genital inspections of children to make sure they’re not transgender.
https://lawrencekstimes.co...
08:34 PM - Apr 05, 2023
11:31 AM - Apr 06, 2023
TwentyTwentyUSA
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
What will become of children/young people hiding/
concealing injuries of sexual abuse/contact???
They've already been traumatized... The renewed
trauma will be infinitely magnified and their horror
will be unimaginable...
01:57 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to TwentyTwentyUSA.
Absolutely. And there's a real possibility that someone doing the inspecting could even be an abuser.
02:25 PM - Apr 06, 2023
William Tulloch
A
If I were a coach - and this would likely get me fired - I would be sending a letter home to all parents informing them I will be challenging the gender of every opponent, every game. That will likely lead to the opposing coaches doing the same and if they don't like it, call their legislators.
12:52 PM - Apr 06, 2023
ChrisKinFLA
A
Exactly - when kiddo played basketball in 5th grade there was one girl who was much taller & bigger than the other girls. She dominated the court - you know parents would be demanding genital inspection aka abuse
12:07 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Alicia Mendoza
A
Sounds to me like the Republican Party in Kansas and everywhere are Sexual deviants and should be prosecuted as such!
11:39 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Ryan Nomad
A
Who is doing the inspection and who will subject their children to this?
11:35 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Ryan Nomad.
I haven't read the law, but likely referees or coaches. And I'm sure plenty of parents are fine with it – until it happens to their kids.
11:36 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Alexsandra Stewart
A
The invasion is unthinkable. Except for them, it’s not.
11:33 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Alexsandra Stewart.
Yup. It's not really about determination – it's a punishment to anyone different from the "norm."
11:35 AM - Apr 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}